Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Crocodiles




The Brief: Crocodiles
Preliminary Sketch (no longer extant): Upon seeing the preliminary sketch, the art director, in a rather unprofessional outburst, collapsed on the floor sobbing and screaming.
The Critique: The back is so so so bad I don't even want to look at it! You always do that to the crocodile's back!
Job Status: Rejected and Destroyed

Finished Version (above):
The Critique: Good. The big one is me. You can be the little one.
Job Status: Approved

4 comments:

ann said...

just fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't get much better than this -I want to see an approximation of the first sketch...XXX Amie S.

Anonymous said...

your art director's comments made me laugh a lot today. thank you and I hope she always remains as straightforward as she is now. :)

Kelly L Taylor said...

Omigoodness! I've been saving this site for awhile until I had time to read all of it through. I was laughing at many of the entries but this one truly brought tears to my eyes!

You two make a wonderful team, although I'm not sure if that's entirely beneficial for you. So glad you can make the most of it, and that you share the benefit with the rest of the world! Is there an advance order on the book, yet?

Oh yes, and thanks so very much! :'-D